Saturday, August 1, 2009

Little Willie


Nathan ran up to me the other day and said "Mommy, remember Papa(my grandpa) calls me "Little Willie!" He found it quite amusing as did I. Willie used to be called Little Willie, and still does by some of his relatives. Its interesting how we are able to make these "Mini Me's." They look like us and act like us. I like to think Nathan gets his goofiness and most of his looks from his dad and his cautiousness and memory from me.
While at my cousins graduation party today I was asked when is Nathan going to have a little sister. Its a question that has been popping up quite frequently, most recently by my dad the other night at dinner. He was speaking as if it was fact that Nathan will have a sibling by the times hes five. Hello...he's 4 1/2! My mother even promised him a sister when he turns five. Sure we always envisioned our children being 5 yrs apart. My older brother, younger sister and I are all born 5 years apart(80,85,90) At times I do feel sad for Nathan because I know he's lonely. On the other hand I also feel that the time has to be right for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment