Sunday, July 26, 2009

Extreme Room Makeover

Ok so maybe not extreme but I am in the process of redecorating Nathan's room. It's currently Superhero 'd out. He's still into them but not as much as he was maybe a year ago. I decided to do something that he can grow into so I'm doing a Sports/School theme. I found a very nice comforter set at Target today. In my opinion its a more updated version of the typical sports bedding that is out there and at 39.99 it was a steal.


I also bought the matching lamp. I seen it online and didnt think much but when I saw it in person I really liked it. The colors are nice and the baseball bat base is clever. The best part of all is the the whistle cord used to turn it off and on. It was 29.99, a little more than I wanted to spend but It will add a nice touch to the room.



Nate doesn't have a nightstand, we didnt think he needed one when we bought his bedroom set last year. He has a Step 2 bookshelf toybox that has his lamp on it. His room is small and this piece takes up a lot of space. I had in mind a locker nightstand but they are not available locally and are too expensive online. Over $200 plus and extra $100 for shipping! That is way too much for a little nightstand. Walmart.com has a locker storage unit that customers have used as nightstand. It looks small but the measurements are much larger than expected. Its made by KidKraft and is priced at 59.88 with site to store shipping.


Im still on the seach for a tv stand. His is a hand me down and looks quite beaten up. He has a ton of games and videos so Im looking for something that will keep everything nice and organized. I also want to hang up a cork board or something along that line for him to hang up his drawings and school work. Yes he starts pre-k this August! Its very bittersweet for me:/Willie suggested a small desk, not sure if he'll have room for it but I am going to be selling a lot of things that he no longer uses or plays with. Maybe I'll try Ikea.There is still the little knick-knacks that will help complete his room so I'll be checking out stores, garage sales, online(craigslist, kingwoodyardsales) for a good deal. Hopefully everything will be done by the time he starts school.

Over the weekend we picked up a gallon of blue paint(Song Bird) , a football picture frame($2.00 at Big Lots) and a sheet set at Walmart on sale for 7.50. I also bought a couple of school supplies for him which was exciting but just made me realize how fast my baby is growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment