Sunday, May 31, 2009

You run, you slide, you hit the bump and take a dive

Today was supposed to be a great day. I woke up early, showered, then headed to the mall to find something to wear to the No Doubt concert tonight. I liked the first shirt I tried on. It looked great from the front , the side and ....wait a minute..my back!!!! I spotted petichiae on the back of my arm. Oh no , not again! For those who dont know its basically busted blood vessels and one of the first indicators of platlets dropping. Last week was my last day of steroids so I thought it was happening all over again. I freaked out, ran out of the dressing room, into the parking lot and into my car. People must've thought I had gone crazy because I was sobbing the whole time. My mom and will took me to St. Lukes. I was seen right away, which was a good thing because you can spend hours in the waiting room. I was thinking the worst. My doc told me if the steroids do not work I may have to have my spleen taken out or be put on chemotherapy. My bloodwork came back fine and my platlets were at 375. Anywhere between 150-450 is normal. So , I am happy they are normal but what is causing the spots? More unanswered questions. I feel a bit light headed. Hopefully everything turns out fine. Oh and in case you were wondering, we sold the tickets for $200! My mom listed 4 lawn tix on craigslist and here phone must've rang about 100 times. Too bad I wasn't able to make it. I've been looking forward to it for the longest.

No comments:

Post a Comment