Sunday, December 5, 2010

Meet David















I went into labor about 2 weeks after my last post. David arrived a little early. My September baby was born in August hehe. I was upset about that as Willie drove me to the hospital, I had my heart set on a September baby. Luckily my husband was there to remind me that as long as hes healthy who cares what month he was born in. Poor Nate had the most panicked look on his face. Maybe I should start from the beginning...

It was a Saturday evening. I was grumpy because Willie didnt want to go out. I was going on and on about how this may be the last weekend we will be able to get out before the baby arrives. I left to eat with my brother and sister in law while he stayed home with Nate. It was a late dinner(I think a UFC fight was on) and I was stuffed with hot wings and fries. Just as I laid down for bed my water broke! Willie and I were still giving each other the silent treatment so when I screamed for his name he knew something was up. Anyways I was totally unprepared to say the least. I had not registered at the hospital or packed my bag or even bought a cute take home outfit for David.
I must say, this was the easiest delivery ever thank you Jesus. Hardly no pain and he came out in about 2 pushes! 6 lbs 14 oz. There is something so special about the 2nd labor and delivery. WIth Nathan everything was a blur. I was younger, scared and didnt know what to expect. With David I took the time to soak everything in. After delivery I got extremely sick and threw up a couple times. My nurse gave me some meds through the IV that had me acting like a drunk. Will and my dad said I was talking about shopping at Ross. I was completely out of it. Kind of a bummer because I dont remember much of David when he was first born.
Hes 3 1/2 months now and I hear he's a mini-me. Hes already had his first Halloween(He was a puppy) and his first Thanksgiving. I cant wait until Christmas and the many more Holidays to come, our little family of four.















No comments:

Post a Comment